- UNIVERSITY LIFE
- ABOUT UON
- MEDIA CENTRE
DBA-AMR 2017 :Doctoral Colloquium
The 3rd DBA Africa Management Review Conference Doctoral Colloquium will take place at the University of Nairobi Business School, Lower Kabete Campus, Nairobi, Kenya - 24TH FEB 2017
The DBA-AMR encourages PhD students to become active members of its diverse community of management scholars. Applications are invited from doctoral students across the international and local management community.
The doctoral colloquium provides a platform for students working towards their doctorates to interact with, and learn from fellow students and scholars in various areas of management research. The warm, constructive environment encourages participants to engage in in-depth discussions on research design and methodologies with established scholars. It enables them to review their projects with the help of fellow participants and senior scholars who work in the area of management - and students are required to actively participate. The colloquium also provides a number of networking opportunities.
The colloquium is offered to students at any stage of their research involved in qualitative, quantitative or mixed-method doctoral research in the area of management, broadly defined.
1. Doctoral candidates are encouraged to submit an abstract (500 words maximum) / summary of PhD work for presentation to email@example.com by 2nd December 2016.
2. Your application should be saved as a Microsoft Word file (.docx or .doc) and must contain the following: Complete contact details, including name, University affiliation, email address and telephone number. A sentence describing your stage in the doctoral program (e.g., 2nd year approaching data collection).
3. A summary of the doctoral dissertation project, including title, research question, theoretical framing, and research design. How data has been – or will be – collected and analyzed.
4. A letter headed endorsement from your supervisor is required.
5. Applications that do not adhere to these guidelines will not be accepted.
6. Each application will be accompanied by a payment of US $30. No cash will be accepted applicants will present a deposit slip with money paid into the following account:
- A/C Name: Africa International Business and Management (AIBUMA)
- A/C Number: 2022998199
- Bank: Barclays Bank
- Branch: University of Nairobi
- Swiftcode: BARCKENX