- UNIVERSITY LIFE
- ABOUT UON
- MEDIA CENTRE
DBA Africa Management Review
Call for Papers
DBA Africa Management Review : is a quarterly publication of University of Nairobi, School of Business, Nairobi, Kenya. DBA AMR invites original papers / Management Case Studies / Book Reviews from both academicians and practitioners in the following thematic areas;
Insurance and risk management
International Business and Economics
Supply Chain Management
Accounting and Financial Management
Human resource Management
Production and Operations Management
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Small Business Enterprises
Papers based on theoretical / empirical research or experience should illustrate the practical applicability and or the policy implications of work described.
Management Case Studies: Management Case Studies describe a real-life situation
faced, a decision or action taken by an individual manager or by an organization at the
strategic, functional or operational levels.
Book Reviews: Book Reviews cover review of current book on business and management.
Instructions for the Author
1. Electronic Copy: Authors are required to submit an electronic copy (soft copy) of the
papers in MS-WORD format (.Doc format) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A single
article (including charts, diagrams and pictures etc.,) should not exceed six thousand
words. Times New Roman -Font size 12- to be used to type the manuscript.
2. Cover Page: The first cover page shall contain the title of the manuscript, the author’s name, and affiliation including acknowledgement, if any. The first page of text should show the title but NOT the author’s name. Complete Mailing Address along with Telephone and E-mail Address should be given.
3. Abstract and Keywords: Each manuscript should include an abstract of about 250 words. Key words used in the paper should also be given.
4. References: References must be typed on a separate page, double-spaced, at the end of the paper. American Psychological Association’s (APA) referencing method should be followed.
Articles Referred should be given as follows:
Swann, W.B.,Jr., Milton, L.P., & Polzer, J.T. (2000). Should we create a niche or fall in line?
Identity negotiation and small group effectiveness. Journal of Personality and Social
Psychology, 79: 238-250
Swann, W.B., Jr., Rentfrow, P.J & Guinn, J.S. (2002). Self verification: The search for
coherence. In M.Leary & J.Tagney (Eds.,). Handbook of self and identity: 367-383. New
York: Guilford Press.
5. Tables: Tables must be numbered consecutively with Roman numerals. Please check
that your text contains a reference to each table. Type each table on a separate page.
Authors must check tables to be sure that amounts add up to the totals shown and that the
title, column headings, captions, etc. are clear and to the point.
6. Figures: Figures must be titled and numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals (1, 2,
7. Equations: All but very short mathematical expressions should be displayed on a
separate line and centered. Equations must be numbered consecutively on the right
margin, using Arabic numerals in parentheses.
8. Clarity and Consistency: Please check your manuscript for clarity, grammar, spellings,
punctuation, and consistency of references to minimize editorial changes.
9. Submission Fees: There is a submission fee of USD 200 per article when your article has been accepted for publication.
10. Submission Deadline: 28th February 2014
11. Editing: AMR reserves the right of making editorial amendments in the final draft of the
manuscript to suit the requirement of the journal.
12. Copyright: AMR will have the copyright of all the materials accepted for publication.
Wherever copyrighted material is used, the authors should be accurate in reproduction and
obtain permission from copyright holders, if necessary. Articles published in DBA AMR should not be reproduced or reprinted in any form either in full or in part without prior written permission from the Editor-in-Chief.
13. Complimentary Copy: A free copy of the Journal will be mailed to the author whose
article is published.
14. Contact Address
DBA Africa Management Review (DBA AMR)
University of Nairobi, School of Business,
P. O. Box P.O Box 30197
Lower Kabete Campus
Lower Kabete Road