- UNIVERSITY LIFE
- ABOUT UON
- MEDIA CENTRE
Call for Abstracts: 2nd Student-Led Conference on Drylands
THEME: Sustainable Development in Drylands: Transformative Education, Research and Community Empowerment
The Centre for Sustainable Dryland Ecosystem and Societies (CSDES), University of Nairobi, invites students to submit abstracts for oral and poster presentations during the 2nd Student-Led Conference to be held on 5th - 6th June, 2014 at the College of Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences (Upper Kabete Campus), University of Nairobi.
The goal of the conference is to highlight transformative strategies to education, and promote research and community empowerment for dryland sustainability in Sub-Saharan Africa. Contributions for oral and poster presentations are invited for the following
1. Sustainable land management in a dynamic environment
2. Economic opportunities for resilient pastoral livelihoods
3. One Health: A holistic approach in public health, food safety, and disease control in drylands
4. Dryland governance and resource management
5. Innovation and technology transfer for dryland development
6. Vulnerabilities and risk management in drylands
NB: The elaborated sub-themes are attached in these email, you can also download them from our website.
The Objectives of this year’s conference are:
1. To disseminate current approaches for sustainable dryland management to key stakeholders and the conference participants.
2. Promote a culture of innovation and active involvement in societal problem solving among students and other stakeholders.
3. To promote interest among students from drylands to pursue higher education, research, fellowships and outreach opportunities.
4. To improve interaction between the university and the industry.
Abstract Submission Deadline: MONDAY APRIL 21, 2014
The abstract template is attached on the email below; you can also download it from our website http://csdes.uonbi.ac.ke/node/4792
Conference registration details will be communicated soon: Kindly visit the website below for more updates. http://csdes.uonbi.ac.ke/node/4792