STUDY COORDINATOR (2SD CLINICAL TRIAL PROJECT), DEPARTMENT OF CLINICAL MEDICINE AND THERAPEUTICS - AD/3/62/20 (1 POST) (CHS)
This is a Project on adult HIV clinical trial that will be conducted at Kenyatta National Hospital, Thika Level 5 Hospital, Kiambu Referral Hospital, and Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital.
Duty Station: Kenyatta National Hospital, with frequent travel to the other study sites
Reporting to: Principal Investigator
Tenure: Full-time, one year contract renewable on satisfactory performance and mutual consent.
The Study Coordinator will provide overall management and clinical supervision of the study team and ensure the study protocol is adhered to at all sites.
- Developing study relevant SOPs and manuals to guide study personnel
- Ensuring adherence to the study protocol
- Promoting Good Clinical Practice in the conduct of the study
- Providing leadership, training, mentoring and guidance to clinical staff in all aspects of trial conduct and project orientation to ensure compliance with protocols and guidance documents
- Participating in participant recruitment, review, and care, as per the study protocol
- Overseeing all clinical personnel performing study specific tasks and procedures
- Acting as a liaison between investigators, participants and staff
- Safeguarding the safety and welfare of participants
- Ensuring data quality, integrity, confidentiality and safe custody
- Ensuring adherence to clinic procedures relating to the safe-keeping and confidentiality of source documents
- Assessing study participants and participate in medical decisions
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) and registered to practice with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Master’s degree in epidemiology or public health
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with direct clinical care of PLHIV, including prescribing ARVs
- MUST have a current Certificate of Good Clinical Practice
- MUST have a Certificate in Human Subject Protection
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Certification in the National Advanced HIV Clinical Course
- Leadership experience in HIV programs is an added advantage
- Research experience, particularly in a leadership role, is an added advantage
- Applicants should submit seven (7) of their application letters accompanied by similar number of certified copies of certificates and CV giving details of their qualifications and experience.
- Applications and related documents should be forwarded through the applicants’ heads of departments. In addition, applicants should state their current designations and salaries and other benefits attached to those designations. They should quote post reference codes as shown for each posts in the advertisement.
- Applications should be addressed as per the codes below:-
CHS The Principal, College of Health Sciences, Box 30197-00100, Nairobi.
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2020.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.