STUDY NURSE/COUNSELLOR (2SD CLINICAL TRIAL PROJECT), DEPARTMENT OF CLINICAL MEDICINE AND THERAPEUTICS - AD/3/64/20 (4 POSTS) (CHS)
This is a Project on adult HIV clinical trial that will be conducted at Kenyatta National Hospital, Thika Level 5 Hospital, Kiambu Referral Hospital, and Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital.
Duty Station: One position each at Kenyatta National Hospital, Thika Level 5 Hospital, Kiambu Referral Hospital, and Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital (applicants should state which site/s they are applying for)
Reporting to: Study Coordinator
Tenure: Full-time, one year contract renewable on satisfactory performance and mutual consent.
The Study Nurse/Counsellor will be responsible for recruitment, follow-up, retention and monitoring of study participants in accordance with the study protocols and SOPs.
- Screening of participants
- Obtaining consent from participants
- Providing family planning services
- Preventing missed appointments and ensuring retention of study participants
- Supporting treatment adherence
- Collection and entry of study information in approved clinical report forms
- Completion of required MoH tools and registers for HIV care
- Safe and confidential custody of study source and other study documents
- Collection and shipment of study specimen
- Dispensing of study medication
- Monitoring study participants for adverse events
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor
- Kenya Enrolled Nurse and registered to practice with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with direct clinical care
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Evidence of intermediate IT skills
- MUST have a current Certificate of Good Clinical Practice
- MUST have a Certificate in Human Subject Protection
- Diploma or Degree in nursing is an added advantage
- Additional training in counselling is an added advantage
- Research experience is an added advantage
- Experience in HIV clinical care is an added advantage
- Certification in the National Advanced HIV Clinical Course is an added advantage
- Applicants should submit seven (7) of their application letters accompanied by similar number of certified copies of certificates and CV giving details of their qualifications and experience.
- Applications and related documents should be forwarded through the applicants’ heads of departments. In addition, applicants should state their current designations and salaries and other benefits attached to those designations. They should quote post reference codes as shown for each posts in the advertisement.
- Applications should be addressed as per the codes below:-
CHS The Principal, College of Health Sciences, Box 30197-00100, Nairobi.
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2020.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.