Students must take note of the following when making payments:
- All fees and other charges are payable before the commencement of the semester/year as per the respective fees structure.
- No student shall be allowed into lectures, examinations rooms or participate in any activities where the fee for the semester/ year is not fully paid.
Please note: The University of Nairobi does not accept personal cheques or cash payments.
1. Electronic transfer/direct cash deposit at any ABSA bank branch countrywide
Bank: ABSA bank
Bank Name: UON/CESSP Collection Account
Account Number: 2032771362
Bank branch: ABSA PLAZA.
2. Mpesa payments:
M-Pesa Pay Bill;
3. Credit/debit card payments:
When paying fees at the bank new students MUST quote “Our Ref. number” on the offer letter and continuing students MUST quote the registration number.
International students paying in United States Dollars(USD) shall make payment in the following account details electronically or direct deposit:
Bank: ABSA bank
Bank Name: UON/CESSP USD ACCOUNT
Account Number: 2032770625
Bank branch: ABSA PLAZA
Bank code: 03
Branch code: 20
Swift code: BARCKENX
- All cash deposits to our bank account will reflect on the students’ fees statements after 48 hours of deposit done. The updated students’ fees statement will be viewed by the students on the students’ portal online portal (http://smis.uonbi.ac.ke/).
- For any payment that shall not reflect within 48hrs, scan the banking slip or the Mpesa message and send to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org for further action.
- Payments by electronic transfers should be supported by credit advice from the remitting bank. The credit advice should be emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org for verification and facilitate receipting.
- New students shall get their Students Registration number allocated upon payment of Semester fees as per the respective fee structure by logging into the students’ online portal (http://smis.uonbi.ac.ke/) and entering the Application Ref. number as it appears in the offer letter on the bottom of the portal home page as advised.
- Ensure that the correct amount is paid for the courses/units you intend to register during the semester. No student shall be able to confirm courses/units not paid for. Any credit balance accruing during the semester/year of study shall be carried forward.
- Funds from sponsors such as Higher Education loans Board (HELB, National Government constituencies Development Fund (NGCDF), County Government Bursaries and others, shall be updated to the student account upon the receipt of the payment and beneficiaries schedules.
- For any further information or queries regarding fees payments contact the Students Finance Office on 020-491-3180, 020-491-3174, 020-491-3134, or by email through email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org .