UoN and ECA Forge Strong Partnership with Inauguration of Agreement
Energy Cycle Holdings of Australia (ECA), an infrastructure development company and the University of Nairobi today witnessed the inauguration of the agreement that was signed in February 2023 between their top leadership. ECA is a developer of infrastructure for rural communities in health, education, agriculture, enterprise and community projects. Prof. Kiama Gitahi, Vice Chancellor of the University of Nairobi and John Minicz witnessed the signing of the agreement that will promote scientific and educational cooperation between the parties.
The agreement will create opportunities with benefits to the Kenyan health sector. The collaboration is in furtherance of Kenya’s health sector, education and research. The partnership is expected to intensify scholarly interaction, cultural interchange, collaborative research, professional mentorship and other incidental benefits for the parties.
The following activities will also be undertaken under the agreement:
- Capacity building through exchange programs;
- Joint organization of scientific meetings, seminars, workshops, conferences and colloquia;
- Exchange of professional data and information;
- Inclusion of tertiary students, both undergraduate and postgraduate;
- Use each other’s facilities and joint research publications and documentation.
Also present during the commissioning of the collaborative agreement were: Mr. Garry Chan – Director, ECA; Mr. Douglas Sidialo – Energy Cycle Africa, CEO; Prof. Dismus Ongore – the contact person; Prof. Dunera Ilako – alternative contact, UON.